Canvas Gift by Majo Wybranietz


Hello everyone, it's Majo from the Design Team here at Rubber Dance, and today I want to show you a canvas I created for a friend, just a little gift.



Rubber Dance stamps: Burlap background, Hello from Just a Note



Instructions:

I started with applying Gesso on my Canvas:





I stamped my Burlap image on a piece of sticky canvas and distressed the edges with Distress ink (walnut stain) using a foam applicator:





I stamped the sentiment on acetate, embossed it with black embossing powder and adhered it to a ticket I had in my stash:






My canvas was now dry enough to apply more gesso to add more texture, I used a heart stencil and distressed it after drying:





I found some acetate butterflies I had punched a while ago and also a metal charm. added ring screws for the hemp twine. The hearts were cut from sticky cork. Now I just had to put it all together.....


 






Supply list:
All stamps are from Rubber Dance www.rubberdance.com

and can be found on these pages:
Backgrounds (BK2-2E: Burlap)

Sentiments (JNEN-2E: Just a Note)


Other:
Canvas

Gesso
Heart stencil
Acetate
Embossing powder

Cork
Hemp twine
Embellishments







I hope you enjoyed my little tutorial, can’t wait to see what 
you come up with!

Majo
My blog: http://majos-art.blogspot.de


To find the stamps used for this project, and many more, visit the Rubber Dance website at www.rubberdance.com. You can meet us on Facebook come on over and say hi!

Click here to read about Majo and the other DT members.

Comments

Cataleya said…
Very beautiful project dear Majo! I think that your friend will be very happy to receive this beauty from you! :) Hugs, xoxo
~Olga Kovalchuk
Vickie Y said…
Beautiful project; great tutorial!
Anonymous said…
Nice project.
Anonymous said…
Very nice project!
Unknown said…
Love all the textures on this piece - I bet it's really tactile :).
Irit Shalom said…
Love your tutorial a lot. Great natural colors on this lovely piece

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!